I know grams is prepared to face death in the eyes... but are we prepared to lose him? Just when I am getting to know the quiet man who had tirelessly brought up 10 kids and 28 grandkids (and counting) to be dignified citizens of this world, he might be gone...
Through out my stay at grams', I've observed and learned the subtle gestures of kindness and appreciation he has shown me. A pivotal moment was when he extended an unexpected hug in appreciation of my being there with him and grand ma. This coming from a man who speaks little; he is a strong advocate of "Action speaks louder than words"...
All I can do for now is be strong for him and gradma... not to mention be strong for myself, especially since I have developed a deeper love for both of them... Staying with them was the best decision I've made and for that I've attained the peace and tranquility my heart desired.
Please extend your prayers to a man who deserved all the blessings this world could give. My only wish is that he leaves with a cleansed soul and if it means suffering in this world in order to attain that state of peacefulness in the hereafter, then God is All-Knowing. Amen.
You truly have lived if you can stare death in the eyes & welcome it -Anonymous
No comments:
Post a Comment